BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 6, 2011

ONE HUNDRED!!!! That's a 100!!!! :oD




Yes folks, we have finally made it to 100 posts on this blog!! :oD Quite excited!!!
So, I kept going over and over again in my brain what I wanted to write for my 100th post. Yes, I know, it's just a silly blog, but #100 is an important number!!!
After going back and forth about what I wanted to write, I have decided to write what has been on my heart all day. God's Ugandan children.

Yes, I call the little ones I left behind "my children", and I love them deeper than I ever could have imagined. Mothers, you may give an inpatient laugh, and say I really have NO idea what I am talking about, but I have had a taste of what you feel. But I only got two months. I can't even imagine the amazing and deep love that happens when you get to raise a child for years and years of their lives. What a great honor and privilege God has given us to get to help raise His kids. Although I may have "clicked" with certain kids more than others, each of those kids I got to spend the summer with has a piece of the heart of this future mother. I may never have my own kids, but I know deep deep down in my heart that God is going to allow me to care for many of His children. I don't know how, when, or where, but I know it is going to happen. I have a deep peace about it. My arms won't be empty forever.
Anyways, today I read about a former Amani child who passed away a few days ago. Now I never met this little one, I heard about him for the first time today, but it still gave me mixed feelings. I am happy he is in the Arms of Jesus resting in glory, but my heart breaks for those who knew and loved him. It also shook me a little, and I started thinking about each of those little faces of the children I love like no other who I had to leave behind in Africa. We have to trust God so much with the ones we love, because we can do nothing. For you mothers out there, I'm sure you worry about your kids when they are out of your sight (and sometimes when they are in your sight too! ;-)), I know my Mom worries about me so much. I think and worry about "my" kids back in Uganda. I want the best for them, I want them to be loved, cared for, and to know Jesus. And it struck me today - I am so powerless. I cannot do much for them right now but love them from afar and pray for them. It reminded me how we cannot give into fear for the children God has entrusted us with. Because there are so many fears and worries for them. That is why we have to trust Him, and Him alone, He is their (and our) Father. He is the only one who truly knows what's best for each of them, has them in the palm of His Hand ALWAYS, and can care for them and provide for them. He is the only one who's love means more than anything else ever. He watches out for them all the time. It was a reminder I needed.

Perhaps for this post I didn't do a list of 100 things I like or dislike, or 100 reasons to buy a toaster, but for this 100th post, I am writing about the things that are 100% in my heart. Jesus and whatever kids He entrusts to me to care for have my heart 100%. Right now. And I don't know many of their names, or what they look like, or if they are even born yet or not, but I do know that when I look into their eyes - each and everyone of them - I will see Jesus. I will see my Savior. I will see my heavenly Father. I will see His love.

I challenge you - entrust your loved ones to their Father's care, because who by worrying has added one hair to their head? (Actually by worrying you will probably LOSE some hairs on your head ;-)). I entrust the little ones I love SO much to our Father's care, and I can't wait to meet them again whether on this earth, or when we pass onto glory someday.

Nkwagala nyo sweet little ones!!! You are in your Father's Hands tonight! <3

4 comments:

Madeline said...

Amy, that is such a sweet, sad, post! *hugs* I am so touched by your love for those kids! You are amazing. :)

Cathie said...

Who said brown skin isn't beautiful? I'm sorry, I know that is not the focus of your post, but I saw that picture of you both, and it just struck me so vividly.

I will try and take your advice so that I won't lose too many hairs on my head! ;) lol

It's amazing to read about how strong your love is for these children.

Amy Irene said...

Aw! Mads! *Hugs* You are more amazing! I misses ya! <3

Cathy - If anyone EVER said that brown skin isn't beautiful to me I'd clock them good! *Nod* *Hug* You are the best! <3 Wish you could personally know all "my" kids, cause you would love them as much as I do!! <3 I love you! <3

A Joyful Heart said...

Hi Amy! =) Congrats on your 100th post!