BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 22, 2010

Must I get out of bed?

Yes, I think we all have those mornings when we just wonder if it actually is worth it to get out from under those warm covers, and go through the day. And some mornings we wonder if we actually DO have too! Yes, this was one of those mornings - Monday mornings don't tend to be a very good one for my family, and I rather dread them. And I know generally most people don't like Mondays either. But you know what? I bet God loves Monday mornings - Sunday is the beginning of the week, where we start off our week by worshiping Him, and then comes Monday, the day when we can, once again, start by giving Him glory in every little or big task we do! A new work day where we can serve Him! We should be bouncing out of bed with a smile, ready to serve our King in anyway He shows us! :-) (Now there would be a different Monday morning, huh? ;-)).

Reminds me of the verses from Lamentations 3:21-26

21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
22 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,

“ Therefore I hope in Him!”
25 The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the LORD.

His compassions fail not - they are new every morning (and that includes Mondays, even when it doesn't feel like it! ;-)), His faithfulness is so great!!!! :OD

(Interesting side note - my devotional this morning was on loving those who are unlovable - good reminder before I begin to interact with my family! ;-) And I know they often need that same message with me, because I know I can be very unlovable).

So go make your Monday great! :OD

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Nice post Amy! Our pastor actually preaches on that passage yesterday! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this reminder Amy!!! :) You should post this on StS sometime! ;)